- This event has passed.
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders (1x 3hr workshop)
Event date: 11th January 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm (Online)
Many individuals have to constantly face challenging workplace situations which can become a source of stress. A greater understanding of their levels of emotional intelligence and how to manage these will help individuals better navigate workplace stressors. The course will address individual’s own Emotional Intelligence and how they can better understand themselves and interpret others. The workshop will teach ways for individuals to focus on what drives their emotional intelligence and what steps can be taken to improve this.
During the workshop we will cover:
- The concept of emotional intelligence and how it contributes to managing stress
- The emotional hijack – learning what triggers your emotional brains
- Goleman’s five key components of emotional intelligence
- Self-mastery – individual’s coping strategies in stressful situations
- Practical ways to develop emotional competence
- Learning how to choose an appropriate emotional state
Upon completion of this workshop, delegates will have:
- A greater understanding of their emotional style and increased self-awareness around areas of development
- Strategies to develop their emotional intelligence in the workplace
- An indication of potential areas of risk to their personal style in demanding work situations
- An understanding of how their behaviour changes under stress and the impact this may have on both themselves and others