- This event has passed.
Stepping into Management (2x 3hr workshop)
Event date: 25th November 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm (Online)
Provide new and aspiring managers with the understanding they require to make their first steps count.
Please note this workshop is over 2 days (the ticket price includes both days)
Part 1- Wednesday 25th November 2020 9.30-12.30
Part 2- Wednesday 26th November 2020 9.30-12.30
This 2 part workshop will provide new and aspiring managers with the understanding they require to make their first steps count, we will cover the key aspects of people management and consider the personal challenges in taking on leadership responsibility. The 2 workshops will provide practical tools and techniques to get you started and also focus your attention on the key skills you need to master.
Upon completion of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
• Identify the differences between leadership and management
• Establish clear expectations with their team and delegate tasks effectively
• Understand their impact on others and their responsibility to manage their reactions
• Build relationships and communicate with key stakeholders
• Understand the ‘bigger picture’ and how to contribute value to their business
During the workshop we will consider/undertake the following issues/activities:
• Leadership style and its impact on the team
• A stakeholder audit to identify stakeholder needs
• The basics of performance management
• Effective communication as a manager
Resilience for Leaders (2x 3hr Workshops)
May 26 @ 9:30 am