At the Centre for Leadership Performance we believe that the challenges facing many organisations — collaboration, innovation, talent and engagement — stand or fall on the quality of leadership.
Leadership proves, over and over again, to be the critical enabling factor.
We are a not-for-profit organisation working to support the growth of leadership capacity across Cumbria. This involves learning and development at all levels and across all sectors. We work with organisations, individuals and communities to support and nurture the leaders that Cumbria needs. Leaders who are:
- Action-oriented: self-aware leaders who will improve organisational performance, profit and revenue
- Committed: more likely to take actions that make a real difference
- Able to engage, motivate and retain talent
- Communicators: able to articulate goals and influence others to help achieve them
We do this in a number of ways:
- Bespoke leadership consultancy for individual companies
- Open leadership programmes and short courses
- Bite sized sessions such as Leadership@Lunch and other leadership events and forums
- Programmes for Young People: working with young people in Cumbria to encourage aspiration and their ambition for leadership roles. Current programmes include
Bright Stars and Dream Placement
We Achieve Our Vision By:
Igniting aspiration and inspiring talent in individuals, teams and organisations across Cumbria through masterclasses and flagship events sponsored by partners who gain the full benefit from their involvement in these agenda-setting initiatives.
Stimulating demand and meeting the leadership and management development needs by enabling easy access to world-class providers. That extends to creating events specifically for a client or organisation, and running them in their workplace to maximise the impact and minimise disruption to normal working.
Encouraging networking and sharing of best practice between Cumbria firms and organisations through programmes such as Leader to Leader.
Nurturing the next generation of Cumbria's leaders through engagement with business and by demonstrating to young people of all ages how exciting and rewarding careers in Cumbrian businesses can be — giving them a new vision of their future.
The Centre for Leadership Performance is Cumbria's champion for business leadership excellence — delivering the support that the county's public and private sector companies and organisations need to compete effectively in regional, UK and worldwide markets.
Widely recognised for its highly acclaimed masterclasses and collaborative programmes with business, the Centre is also building a reputation for delivering practical and pragmatic support for managers and leaders who recognise the need to improve their skills and knowledge, and aspire to be the best.
We aim to provide that support through high quality coaching, action learning, expert workshops, mentoring, peer based learning and real time feedback
delivered right here in Cumbria with our specialist partners and tailored to meet the specific needs of client companies or business sectors.
Share With Others